DID YOU KNOW? YYC Hot Chocolate Fest is owned by Calgary Meals on Wheels!
How do I create my signature drink?
· Be creative! There are no limits to the recipes that can be submitted.
· There are TWO CATEGORIES for entries: Best Hot Chocolate and Best Spirited Hot Chocolate (spirited drinks include alcohol). You may participate in both categories’ with a limit of 2 drinks in total. To compete in the Spirited Hot Chocolate category, you must be licensed by AGLC.
What should we call our signature drink?
· Create a catchy name for your entry that describes your drink and that your customers will remember when they are entering their ratings.
Is a tax receipt available for the donation?
· As per CRA guidelines, you will receive a tax receipt for the contribution with drinks sold but not for the donation bin that can be displayed in your establishment, or the registration fee.
How will the drinks be judged?
· There will be a trophy awarded and recognition for “Best Hot Chocolate”, “Best Spirited Hot Chocolate” and “Cup That Runneth Over”.
· Customers will vote on the website and app. Results are tallied March 1, 2019 to determine winners in each category.
· Winners in each category will be granted bragging rights, promoted on the YYC Hot Chocolate Fest website, Facebook and Twitter as well as added to the YYC Hot Chocolate Fest trophy for this year!
How do people find out about YYC Hot Chocolate Fest?
· Visit the website at: https://yychotchocolate.com/